The Esk Valley Trust was formed in April 2001 by groups of local people interested in the countryside of Midlothian and East Lothian. The aims of the Trust are to
- Stimulate public interest in the Esk Valley
- Care for the beauty, history and character of the river valleys
- Encourage sustainable public amenities for the benefit of its local communities and others
- Support and augment the activities of local groups and national and local authorities
- Promote a long-distance path route to be known as the ‘Esk Way'
In 2005, the Trust was honoured to receive the Queen's Award for Voluntary Service.
The Trust membership includes both individuals and local community groups along the valleys.
Esk Valley Trust
Download previous versions of our newsletter: